BSE Wiki – Bombay Stock Exchange
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Mumbai. Established in 1875, the BSE is Asia’s first stock exchange. It claims to be the world’s fastest stock exchange, with a median trade speed of 6 microseconds.
Type : Stock exchange
Location : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Founded : 9 July 1875
Currency : Indian Rupee
Key people : Mr. Premchand Roychand(Founder), Shri S Ravi (Chairman), Mr. Ashishkumar Chauhan (MD & CEO)
Indices : BSE SENSEX, S&P BSE SmallCap, S&P BSE MidCap, S&P BSE LargeCap, BSE 500
Website : Visit BSE Official Website
- Bombay Exchange was founded by Premchand Roychand. He was one of the most influential businessmen in 19th-century Bombay. A man who made a fortune in the stockbroking business and came to be known as the Cotton King, the Bullion King or just the Big Bull. He was also the founder of the Native Share and Stock Brokers Association, an institution that is now known as the BSE.
- The BSE is the world’s 10th largest stock exchange with an overall market capitalization of more than $2.3 trillion on as of April 2018.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is the oldest stock exchange in Asia.
- The BSE is also a Partner Exchange of the United Nations Sustainable Stock Exchange initiative, joining in September 2012.
- BSE established India INX on 30 December 2016. India INX is the first international exchange of India.
The BSE has also introduced a centralized exchange-based internet trading system, BSEWEBx.co.in to enable investors anywhere in the world to trade on the BSE platform. Now BSE has raised capital by issuing shares and as on 3rd May 2017 the BSE share which is traded in NSE only closed with INR 999.
BSE Wiki < Bombay Stock Exchange